IATP has an opening for a part-time development intern, based in our Minneapolis office.
The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy has a 35-year history of pursuing cutting edge solutions that benefit family farmers, rural communities and the planet. Our work extends from advocating for more democratic and economically just trade agreements, to advocacy for strong climate policy that supports family farmers, to spearheading inclusive food procurement programs designed for schools and early care programs. IATP is about connecting the dots in the food system. We match high-level research and analysis with on-the-ground engagement to bring policies to fruition. The location of our headquarters in Minnesota is strategic, as the deep tradition of civic engagement in this state has allowed us to serve as a laboratory to test innovative solutions that have been replicated around the country and shared around the world. IATP also has offices in Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany.
IATP works locally and globally at the intersection of policy and practice to ensure fair and sustainable food, farm and trade systems.
The development intern plays an integral role in supporting the organization and implementation of administrative systems that advance IATP fundraising.
- Research prospective funding partners and opportunities.
- Support the planning and execution of special events and individual donor campaigns.
- Assist with internal database and development systems management.
- Conduct further administrative duties as required.
- Participate actively in Development meetings, including weekly meetings with supervisor.
Preferred Qualities and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission of IATP
- Minimum high school diploma and currently enrolled in a college or university program
- Interest in nonprofit administration and supporting mission-driven organizations
- Excellent communications skills, including phone and email communications
- Profound sense of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work while balancing competing priorities
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Adobe, and high level of comfort with other digital tools and databases
- Abundance of creativity and enthusiasm
Technology Requirements Necessary for the Position:
- Regular access to a laptop computer
Compensation and Time Commitment: 3-6 month initial commitment (anticipated start date in September 2021), with opportunity for extension. This position is part-time non-exempt. $15 per hour dependent on qualifications. 10-15 hours per week during regular office hours 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST Monday to Friday (maximum 60 hours per month).
IATP COVID-19 Response: The safety of our employees and candidates is paramount. Due to COVID-19 and recommendations from the CDC, interviews for this position will be conducted via video until further notice. Please let us know if you need assistance with this technology.
IATP is following COVID-19 recommendations set forth by our state and local governments. This post will start as a remote position, but transition to onsite in Minneapolis when staff return to working in-person at the office.
How to Apply: Please combine your resume, cover letter and writing sample of no more than three pages into a single PDF and submit to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to applications received by 5 p.m. CST on June 25, 2021. No calls, please. Applicants must already be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
IATP is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at IATP. IATP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status or any other characteristic as established by law.
IATP participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. All persons hired by IATP will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.