The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) is looking for a full-time Digital Communications Manager, based in our Minneapolis, Minnesota office.
Who are we?
IATP is a nonprofit think tank and policy advocacy organization with its headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We have a 35-year history of pursuing just and resilient food and agriculture policies that benefit family farmers, food and agriculture workers, rural communities and the planet. Our team of 17 staff work locally, nationally and globally, connecting the dots in the food system. We match high-level research and analysis with on-the-ground engagement to bring good policy into practice. In addition to Minneapolis, we have small offices in Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate is a strong communicator and collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This candidate has experience creating digital content (including video or audio), contributing to social media campaigns and working with basic graphic design tools, and can apply this experience in support of IATP’s mission.
IATP works locally and globally at the intersection of policy and practice to ensure fair and sustainable food, farm and trade systems.
IATP envisions agriculture, trade, and food systems that are good for people, farmers and food system workers, eco-systems and social justice globally. Growing these systems requires a long-term, sustained effort to build and mobilize public will, to invigorate and fortify political will and to effectively democratize power relationships.
The Digital Communications Manager is responsible for advancing the organization’s mission and priorities through managing IATP’s web and social media presence. This includes helping to translate often complex policy issues into accessible content for a variety of audiences, including through video and audio content creation. This person will work with IATP’s small communications team and outside contractors to ensure strong messaging and brand consistency.
- Maintain IATP website presence by uploading and managing website content
- Work with the communications team to manage IATP’s social media channels, including remaining current with trends and best practices
- Create branded social media content, such as graphics and other promotional materials, that help advance the organization’s work in creative ways and increase social media engagement
- Analyze website and social media analytics to inform staff and board, as well as make data-driven recommendations for improved digital performance
- Work with outside web consultants to optimize website and performance
- Work with development team on digital outreach to prospective donors
- Assist with technical execution of IATP events
- Work with communications team to produce video and audio content
- Assists in creation of IATP’s communication products, i.e., reports, fact sheets, brochures, postcards and other print materials
- Work with outside graphic designers on original products
- Contribute to the communications team planning and strategy
- Assist communications team to work with program staff to identify audience and optimal communications platforms for distribution
- Collaborate with fundraising staff members to ensure distribution of relevant communications to funders
- Assist program staff in creation and execution of IATP organizational messaging
- Ensure consistency of IATP branding on all current externally facing material
- Ensure IATP’s externally facing work is at its highest quality
Preferred Qualities and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission and work of IATP
- A minimum of three years of experience working in digital communications field
- Experience with video and audio production and editing
- Knowledge of website content management and social media analytics tools
- Proficient in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite and high level of comfort with other digital tools and databases
- Profound sense of professionalism and stellar interpersonal skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Experience in working with nonprofits a plus
- Abundance of creativity and enthusiasm
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation for this position is based upon qualifications and experience, with a starting range of $45,000-$50,000. IATP offers excellent health insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, 403B retirement plan with employer match, employer paid life, AD&D and LTD insurance, and optional employer paid mobile phone plan. Enjoy a lively, collegial, flexible and dog-friendly work environment. This hybrid position is located in the Minneapolis office and requires a minimum of two in-person workdays per week.
How to Apply:
Please combine your resume, cover letter and sample of your work into a single PDF and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Option to include a video sample. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis after April 22. No phone calls, please.
IATP is committed to the principle of equity. We actively encourage women, people of color and LGBTQ individuals to apply for this position and all positions at IATP.
IATP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status or any other characteristic as established by law.