The Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy (IATP) is looking for a part-time Interim Finance & Operations Coordinator (16 hours/week), based in our Minneapolis office.
Who are we?
IATP is a nonprofit think tank and policy advocacy organization with its headquarters in Minneapolis, Minnesota. We have a 35-year history of pursuing just and resilient food and agriculture policies that benefit family farmers, food and agriculture workers, rural communities and the planet. Our team of 16 staff work locally, nationally and globally, connecting the dots in the food system. We match high-level research and analysis with on-the-ground engagement to bring good policy into practice. In addition to Minneapolis, we have small offices in Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany.
Who are you?
IATP is seeking an Interim Finance & Operations Coordinator to manage the day-to-day finance, operations and vendors, which serve the infrastructure of IATP. The Interim Finance and Operations Coordinator will have strong communication, organization and relationship skills, and be able to problem-solve both independently and as a thought-partner with the IATP administrative team. The individual must maintain the utmost confidentiality and is expected to set an example for staff in maintaining a positive organizational culture.
IATP works locally and globally at the intersection of policy and practice to ensure fair and sustainable food, farm and trade systems.
IATP envisions agriculture, trade and food systems that are good for people, farmers and food system workers, ecosystems and social justice globally. Growing these systems requires a long-term, sustained effort to build and mobilize public will, to invigorate and fortify political will and to effectively democratize power relationships.
This individual will report to the IATP Finance and Operations Director and will support IATP staff and internal operations by:
- Providing program and administrative support;
- Serving as a board and committee liaison;
- Serving as an executive assistant to the IATP Executive Director; and
- Managing the day-to-day operations and vendors of IATP.
Program and Admin Support
- Act as first point of contact for IATP, providing phone and email support
- Support bi-weekly staff meetings by preparing agendas
- In partnership with the Finance and Operations Director, collect timecards and verifications for employees in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist with accounts payable process, including tasks such as organizing and processing invoices, and handling files with discretion
- Complete timely organization-wide expense reconciliations including credit card and employee reimbursement
- Pick up and distribute incoming mail; and prepare and ship outgoing mail
- Manage equipment and supply ordering
- Assist staff with software and hardware troubleshooting and updates, in partnership with Finance and Operations Director
- Assist IATP executive director with management of ad hoc projects
- Manage and coordinate the Executive Director’s calendar, arrange logistics for meetings, and ensure the ED is prepared for upcoming meetings and events
Board & Committee Liaison
- Schedule board and committee meetings
- Attend board and committee meetings, taking notes/minutes, capturing action items and ensuring follow through
- Prepare and distribute materials in advance of board and committee meetings
- Support board and committee requests for information
Preferred Qualities and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the mission and work of IATP
- 2+ year(s) of relevant work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office’s suite of applications and Zoom
- Demonstrated attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to work well independently, seeking consultation as needed
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Benefits and Compensation:
Compensation for this position is based upon qualifications and experience, with a starting range of $18 -$22/hour. IATP offers paid sick leave and the opportunity to participate in our 403B retirement plan. Enjoy a lively, collegial, flexible and dog-friendly work environment. This position is in-person and located in the Minneapolis office.
Tentative Hiring Schedule
- Application review: starting September 30, 2022
- Initial phone screening: October 5 & 6, 2022
- Video interview: October 11 & 12, 2022
- Start date: October 31, 2022
How to Apply:
Please combine your resume, cover letter and sample of your work into a single PDF and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed starting September 30, 2022. No phone calls, please.
IATP is committed to the principle of equity. If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms- skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspective to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
IATP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military status or any other characteristic as established by law.