The Editorial and Audio Intern will help the communications staff redevelop, produce and publicize IATP’s podcast, Radio Sustain. This position provides assistance to the Director of Development and Communication and the Communications Manager on developing this podcast into one that explores the intersection of issues related to trade, agriculture, rural communities, climate change, corporate control and food and brings a new, under-heard or expert perspective to it.
- Research best podcasting practices and help implement
- Research, pitch and book potential Radio Sustain guests
- Listen to and edit interviews
- Provide general support to the IATP communications team on Radio Sustain projects, including transcribing clips and taking meeting notes
- Assist with publishing and promoting new episodes of the podcast
Experience and Qualifications:
- Current college students or graduate students are encouraged to apply.
- The ideal Radio Sustain intern is resourceful, reliable, creative and willing to learn
- Demonstrates strong and narrative-driven writing skills
- Interest in issues related to agriculture, trade, rural communities or local food
- Familiarity with audio editing preferred
- Candidates with experience in journalism, audio production and/or interviewing strongly encouraged to apply
Immediately or Spring Semester 2017
Some work can be done remotely and some at the IATP office. Must be present for recording sessions. Weekly, in-person check in meetings, as well as periodic progress reports/meetings are required.
10 hrs/week for one semester or 12 or 16 weeks. Based on the progress of the project, the internship may extend beyond this time frame.
COMPENSATION and BENEFITS:
Unpaid. Excellent work environment with colleagues committed to creating and supporting more just and sustainable environmental, trade and agricultural systems.
Email résumé, cover letter and a link to one interview clip or a writing sample. to email@example.com. Women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals encouraged to apply.
February 15, 2017 or until position filled
Colleen Borgendale, Communications Manager and Creative Director